Sunday, January 21, 2007

Milestones

So I know I already posted tonight, but I wanted to do a special post for this too. Benjamin has been hitting quite the milestones! Last night and today he has really started walking. He'll walk all on his own and can take quite a few steps. He doesn't stand up from sitting and start walking or anything, but if he's already standing he will start walking to something all on his own now! So cute! I will try to get some pictures, but its kind of a hard thing to capture with a camera!

Something that we were lucky enough to catch with a camera though was Benjamin's first word tonight. We were sitting around watching the Colts game and Benjamin came over to me and said Mom Mom. He has been making the start of a mom sound the last couple of days, but this was the first time he came up to me and seemed to deliberately say it to me. I of course got excited and picked him up. My excitement made him more excited and he just kept saying Mom Mom (in sets of twos) and alternating them with kisses! How sweet is that! Dave grabbed them camera real quick and was able to get some great shots of this special milestone! Now, Benjamin's been saying dadadada for a long time and sometimes its toward Dave, but he also says it to everything else. So we think this counts as his first word. Its hard to tell with all these firsts. But we are really excited! What a night! Thank you my sweet little boy, your mommy loves you so much!

You can kind of see in this picture that he was saying it!


1 comment:

Anonymous said...

These are priceless!! He's such a loving little fellow thanks to all the time the two of you invest in him.
Grandma Frankie

StatCounter