Saturday, January 13, 2007

Charles Towne Landing

Today we went to Charles Towne Landing. It is a state park where settlers established their first colony. It has a little zoo and miles of walking trails. We took a picnic and ate lunch, then went through their zoo that had animals that the colonists would have encountered like bears, pumas, bobcats, bison, elk, deer, and otters. Then we spent a couple of hours walking all around the park. They had archaeological sites throughout the parks, mock buildings of what they would have built when they settled there, and a nice house with gardens. It was a beautiful path that often went along salt marshes with downtown and the suspension bridge in the background. We had a nice time, enjoying another wonderful weather day.

This is a picture of a woodpecker that we spotted when we were eating our picnic. It was the first time either of us had ever seen one. He was pretty cool to watch as he pecked at the wood and he even had a little red top of his head.

Dave was a bad boy...........


This is the house that I mentioned. It had a beautiful oak path in front of it and a pretty lake behind it. The lady that lived here and planted the oaks donated the land and house to the state. Pretty nice lady.


Do you like Benjamin's shirt? It says MOM on the front in the middle of the heart. I found it at Target the other day and I think its pretty cute, Dave thinks its silly though! He asked me if I wanted to put a fake tatoo on Benjamin too! Which I of course replied with a big NO!


Benjamin taking me for a walk! He held onto my hand and the back of my pants and just walked right along. He's not very fast, but he does a really good job walking! He took me for a nice stroll!


The End!

No comments:

StatCounter