Friday, January 8, 2010

Benjamin's 4th Birthday Party

I finally got the pictures from Benjamin's birthday party edited, but first here are some pictures of Anna, Benjamin, and Katrina. We went back to my parents' house for a few days and hung out with Katrina and Katie while Dave and some guys put new flooring down in our house to get it ready to sell. (In case you wondering at this point...yes, I am exhausted). They are getting so cute playing together these days!

They had their first bath together too.


The jets make a great bubble bath! They were only on for about 30 seconds before Anna said that was enough.


I made a homemade strawberry shortcake cake for Benjamin's birthday. He had a firemen themed party, so I thought the red strawberries would be fitting. Plus, I thought this sounded like such a good cake, that I needed a reason to make it! It turned out so yummy!


The candles say B-E-N-J-A-M-I-N. :)


Collin finally got to meet his Aunt Kelly!


and his Uncle Buh!


Benjamin has been asking for a cape for several months now. I looked for awhile to try and get him one for Christmas but couldn't find any in town and the one I found to order was trying to charge me way too much to ship. I finally thought to check Etsy (a dangerous site) where they have homemade items. The cape has his initial on it and is magnetic to close on his neck....it's super cool. He was so excited when he opened it and saw what it was!


After he got it on, he ran back and forth like any "Super Boy" would!


Not sure what Anna is doing here, but she sure is cute!


Opening his pirate ship from Kelly and Andy.


With his friend Tyler, checking out a fun crane he got from Jimmy and Shawna. He really likes this toy and plays with it a lot!


Opening walkie-talkies under the watchful eye of cousin Jack!


Three curious boys checking out a new remote control car he got....


He was so sweet about all his presents and would hug the people who got it for him (if he could find them). A few times he gave a hug before he even opened the present and then again after opening it....like he does here with Grandpa and Grandma.....



They got him this cool fireman outfit!


He really enjoyed the tools that came with it - a siren megaphone and an extinguisher! He especially liked trying to blow us all out with his extinguisher.


He was super sweet sharing his gifts!


Happy Birthday to you, Benjamin! This was the first time he didn't sing along. :)


He hesitated to blow out the candles which made me nervous with all the little kids running around. I finally found out why when he saw this picture today and said, "That's me blowing out my candles. I didn't blow them out right away because I wanted to get to share and let other people help too."


Three happy little boys digging in!


Mmmmm!
Dave's whole extended family was at the party (yea!), so we had to get a family picture!
When showing this picture to Benjamin today, we had this conversation:
Me: Look at this special picture of our family.
Benjamin: I like it! That's a lot of people, they take up a lot of room!
Then a little later he declared: I was surprised all those people came to my house and got through the door!
I like this one b/c it looks like Collin and Will are looking at each other.....

Collin and his cousin Will finally meet!



Anna was really cute declaring "Two babies!" and then counting them.

It was a really great party and we are so blessed with such amazing family and friends!

No comments:

StatCounter