Saturday, November 7, 2009

Warm Fall Weather

I love how big, open, and alert Collin's eyes are when he's awake!


This is the face he makes a lot of the time after I take his picture.......




It was 68 degrees today (in November!) so we decided to drive out to Brown County and enjoy the warm weather. It was really good to get out of the house! The kids had a great time and we enjoyed watching them! We found a new spot to explore near the horse campground. We all enjoyed seeing the campers horseback riding through the woods. Benjamin was kind enough to point out the horses to Anna.........


Anna's excited reaction to the horses was priceless! She tickles me how she always say "horses" plural even if it's just one and she says it in such a funny way!



There was a really unique, fun playground there..........



Having fun jumping on the bridge.........


Benjamin and Anna are hard to keep up w/these days as they love to be on the RUN!!!!!



It was such a pretty day out to take pictures of my happy kiddos!

"Oh!"


I was playing one of Anna's favorite games...."I'm going to get you." She loves to be chased or to chase someone, wiggle her fingers at you, and squeal "I'm onna et ewwww!"


Benjamin loves sticks these days! He also loves shirts w/ hoods and requested we all wear one today!


Happy explorer!


Hugs!


This bridge was cool that went over a pretty little babbling creek.........


We played at the playground, ate our picnic, explored a little, and then went back to the playground. It had this neat little wooden house to play in........


Anna loved the slides there!


Dave and I were both so impressed that Anna was able to climb this chain ladder. They were cute climbing it together too!


Benjamin went down his first fireman's pole. He really loves firemen, so this excited him greatly!
This is how Collin spent his day.......warm and cozy in our new sling. We both LOVE it!


After leaving Brown County, we made a quick stop in Nashville to get some of their yummy ice cream. Dave of course had to bother someone for a group picture! Collin is there, I promise.....you just can't see him!


It was really late by the time we loaded them back in the car to go home for naps, so we had some sleepy kiddos!


The big kids surprised us and stayed awake for the ride home. Thankfully, Collin was different and fell fast asleep!


We had a good family dinner tonight, with some funny conversation:
Benjamin: Anna got water and I got milk.
Me: Because you like milk, don't you?
Benjamin: Momma, I don't just like milk, I LOVE it!
-----------------
Benjamin loves to tell Dave and I that we are a good Momma/Daddy all the time, everyday! He says it a lot if we've done something he likes or it tickles me b/c he will say it to us if Dave and I argue in front of him as if to make us feel better. He really enjoyed the dinner I made tonight so he says to Me, You're a good Momma!
Me: Thank you, you're a good boy!
Benjamin (To Dave): You're a good Daddy!
Dave: Thank you Benjamin for telling me that.
Benjamin: How does that make you feel when I tell you nice things?
------------------
Benjamin made a get well card for his aunt Kelly and he "wrote" on it "God, please heal Kelly." After talking to Kelly tonight on the phone he turned to me and said, "Jesus will know that I wrote God please heal Kelly and He will heal her, right?"
------------------
As a baby, Benjamin loved me to sing to him and it soothed him so well. I was disappointed when I would sing to baby Anna and she would just stare at me with inquisitive eyes. She does the same thing now and now I know it's b/c she's studying my mouth. She LOVES to learn and sing songs! She knows all or most of the words to ABCs, Twinkle Twinkle, Row Your Boat, Slippery Fish, Old McDonald, The Sesame Street song, and Imagination Movers song. She's also learning Wheels On The Bus and Jesus Loves Me. She asks me to repeat a song over and over and stares at my lips while moving her lips to the words and before I know it, she's got another song down! She also is doing a good job with counting and counts to eleven w/out skipping too many numbers. She's so adorable and loves to skip lots of numbers just so she can say 14 sometimes! Not sure why she loves the number 14, but she does!

1 comment:

Stacia said...

GREAT park! and I love the stories!!!

StatCounter