Wednesday, September 30, 2009

Sick Days

An unusual target for sickness has been struck in our house: Benjamin. I can't remember the last time he was really sick more than just some cold symptoms. He seems to cycle through periods of feeling really stinky and then has little bursts of energy. He's got a sore throat, cough, fever, and says his tummy hurts. I'm going to take him to the Dr. tomorrow if he's not better. The sad part of this is how hard sleeping has been on him. He wakes up screaming/crying and his whole body is shaking. I have a hard time calming him down from it and we end up out on the couch. When he finally calms down, he just passes out on me........



Today has been mostly a TV day as I'm worn from a long night taking care of him and he's mostly just laying around. I got out his couch/bed and he got all comfy and asked to watch Prince of Egypt. Anna (who thankfully seems fine) was really cute and would sit next to him like this and keeping leaning over and asking, "Happy? Bej-min!!!! Happy?" To which Benjamin says, "I'm happy Annna. Are you happy too?" Anna: "Happy!"


Watching the movie together.......


Anna enjoyed sitting in her rocking chair during the movie. I was so surprised when something fell over and broke in the movie, Anna declared "Oh, no! It fall down. Broken!" She's never put that many words together that quickly before. She's getting so big!!!!


She's such a happy girl!


Benjamin and Anna have created a new game where they get two stuffed animals that sing songs, turn them on, and then run in circles/dance/shout like mad people. They always laugh and fall down and then repeat. It's quite funny to see. We didn't realize until a little later, but after last night's round, Anna got a yucky scratch by her eye!


A few days ago when Benjamin wasn't feeling so bad, he and Dave gave me a big surprise. Benjamin gets up quite early these days and Dave is kind enough to get up with him and let me sleep. When Dave came in to tell me goodbye before leaving for work, he gave me a kiss and said "We cleaned the refrigerator." Boy did they!!! It looks great and I was so shocked they did such a sweet thing for me so early in the morning! Dave was even kind enough to take pictures of the process for me..........


Here he is showing off their hard work. (The pictures on the door behind him are some of Benjamin's recent creations.)


Dave was nice enough to move over the foot stool from our love seat to the couch so I could put my feet up more comfortably. This has made Milo very happy and he loves to sit right next to me. Nobody probably cares, but I had fun snapping some cute pictures of him the other night.



PS This is my 300th post! How crazy is that?!?!?!

2 comments:

Mike said...

I praying that Benjamin feels better, that no one else gets sick, and that you can catch up on some sleep.

Great job with 300 posts! I love reading the blog.

Stacia said...

of COURSE we love to see Milo!!! :) our cats still make the blog every once in a while!
hope everyone is feeling better!

StatCounter