Thursday, September 24, 2009

Water, Play Dough, & Movie Night

With a title like that, I bet you wish you lived at our house! As you should, we've been having a lot of fun! It's been raining buckets around here lately, so one evening we strapped on the kids rain boots and headed out to the puddles. Our neighbor drains their pool sometimes out into the street and it made the perfect size water fountain for the kids to play in!



Hi!


Even Benjamin can see the joy on her face!


Look at his face!


Once our neighbor realized the kids were playing in it, she started turning it on and off for them, which they loved!


After the pool was done draining and the water fountain gone, we moved down the street to a part of the side walk that never drains well and the kids had some good ole fashion puddle fun!


After playing in the mucky rain water, we figured it was a good time for a scrubbing! So we dumped them into a bubble bath for more water fun!



I don't really enjoy toys that make a huge mess, thus my kids have never played with markers and other messy activities. Another thing I had been putting off was play dough. I finally bit the bullet and bought some the other day. It rained for about the thousandth day in a row, so after naps we got it all out. Anna was semi-impressed with it, but Benjamin really had a lot of fun! The first thing he made was this person.....


You can kind of see how long her hair has gotten in the back with this close-up.


I like his "working face" here......


Pleased with the porcupine he made!


Anna's semi-amusement with the play dough turned into fussy, clingyness for the rest of the afternoon. I think my hormones got the best of me and when Dave got home, I was pretty frustrated as I had been trying hard to get stuff done and she just wasn't interested in cooperating. Daddy to the rescue suggested we order a pizza (which we pretty much never do) and have a family movie night (which we did once before and it was a big hit). Family movie night consists of turning all the lights off, piling blankets and pillows onto the floor and cuddling up for a movie! The kids were super excited and it changed all of our moods quite immediately! We have Netflix and I had ordered Prince of Egypt, which is a movie I LOVE and was excited to show to Benjamin for the first time. As you can see, the movie and the pizza were a big hit!


My cuddle bugs, who love each other SOOOO much!
I keep meaning to mention that the pictures seem to be blurry on my computer once on the blog. They aren't really blurry, but I'm not very computer savvy....so I'm not sure why Blogger is making them blurry......sorry!
We had our ultrasound yesterday to see how big Little Three is. I was worried about my blood pressure and am relieved to say it was fine and that the baby's gender remains a mystery! Both of which I'm very grateful of! Little Three is as expected a big baby and at 36 weeks is an estimated 7 lb 6 oz (Anna was just 6 lb 13 oz a few days before her due date). The earliest they will do an induction is 39 weeks, so unless my body does it's job on its own, Little Three will be born on October 12th.
I'll leave you with another Benjamin story:
We were eating lunch after preschool when Benjamin tells me: "Soon when Anna is 3 like me, she will get to go to school just like me. Then it will just be you and Daddy."
Me: "Daddy will be at work, but the new baby will be here with me."
Benjamin: "But the new baby will get big and it will go to school too. Then you will be all alone."
Me: (Tried not to cry by the thought of that.)
Benjamin: "You will have to take ALL of us to school."
Me: "Wow, that will be a lot of people to take to school."
Benjamin: "It is Momma. It is A LOT, A LOT of people!"

No comments:

StatCounter