Tuesday, September 1, 2009

Fresh Air

The weather has been really amazing here lately (especially for the pregnant one!). We've been enjoying opening all the windows and letting the fresh air cool our house. The other night after we put Anna to bed, we noticed Benjamin was being really quiet in the bonus room. Dave looked in and caught him sitting in the window, gazing outside and feeling the breeze!



We decided to make an evening of it and hang out in the bonus room watching the sunset and rocking in our rocking chairs. Benjamin hadn't eaten a good supper, so we brought it in and after he ate the required amount......we enjoyed popsicles!!!!


Benjamin loved pointing out as the sunset would change colors.........


I was telling Dave tonight that Anna sure is seeming bigger to me. That 18 month birthday must have really caused her to change, b/c she really seems to be turning into a full-out girl and leaving the baby stuff behind! She's getting really close to singing Twinkle Twinkle, sings quite a few of the letters in ABCs, and is starting to count! We went to the doctor yesterday for her 18 month check-up. She did really well and checked out great! The only real problem she has is that teething seems to be an issue. The doctor said that, that's just how it seems to work with a few kids but that hopefully now that she has all eight front teeth things may get easier. She weighed 25 lb 12 oz (50th percentile) and was 32 1/2 inches long (70th percentile). All she had to get was her flu shot this time, which she cried during but got happy really quick afterwards when a sucker appeared! :)
Yesterday evening, the boys went and played frisbee golf with some friends of ours, so Anna and I decided to have girl time. We headed up to the outlet mall and enjoyed some girly shopping together! I had fun buying a few things for Little Three and Anna was so good for me that I got her this sweet little bunny that we found. It's so soft and she loves it! She isn't fond of new things going into bed with her, but we've let her sleep with it since we got it and she's always holding it and cuddling it when she gets up. She even brings it out of the crib with her and cuddles the bunny for a while after she gets up!



Benjamin is doing really great too! He still loves school and is so full of things to tell me when I pick him up. When we were at the doctors office yesterday, he did something I thought was super cute. He tells me and Dave all day long, "You're a good Momma/Daddy, know that?!?!" and even says it to Anna sometimes. While we were waiting in the exam room, he all of a sudden turned to me and said, "You're a good Momma, know that?" Then to Anna, "You're a good sister, know that?" Then he surprised me and looked down at my belly and patted it and said in a sweet and soft, high-pitched voice, "And you a good baby!!!" :)

He was having a lot of fun playing baseball today. He came up with this idea to put a little bucket beneath the baseball tee and try and hit the ball softly so it landed down in the bucket. It was kind of like a combination of baseball and golf. All of a sudden I hear him telling himself, "If I try better and better, I will do it!"
Another cute thing he's been doing is making up little songs. Lately I've noticed a few are from some of his books. He has a book about a baby bear who breaks his Mom's favorite honey pot that's called I Will Always Love You that we read a lot. The other day he was sitting and petting Zoe while singing, "If you do something bad, I will always love you and always be with you!!!"

No comments:

StatCounter