Wednesday, June 3, 2009

Little Three




We had our ultrasound with Little Three today. Everything checked out and the baby appears healthy, we are so blessed!!! The baby looked so cute and it was so fun to see him/her. We didn't find out btw, so it's still a surprise!!!

The baby has his/her hand up on the top of the face in this picture. For most of the ultrasound the hands are to the side together like the baby is praying......so cute!!! I was just watching the video again and you can see the baby's thumb moving up and down next to it's hand at the end!!! It's so amazing to me that I have this sweet little baby growing inside me!

And boy is the baby growing!!! The big news from the ultrasound is that the baby is measuring greater than 97th percentile for weight and the scan guesses that he/she weights a little over a pound!!! All this equals that I'm actually a week further along than the previous scan but they will only change the due date if it's more than two weeks. So they are going to do another ultrasound at my next appt. and see if the baby continues to be on this growth chart.

We left Anna with my mom and just took Benjamin with us. He seemed to really enjoy seeing the baby on the "TV". They have charts in the ultrasound room that show actual size pictures of babies at different gestations. One happened to be the same as me (or what I thought anyway!) and we couldn't believe how big the baby already is, seeing a life size picture! We explained it to Benjamin and afterwards he just kept saying "the baby is BIG!" :)

I thought I'd go ahead and tell you our names too. If the baby is a girl, she'll be Alexa Corinne. If Little Three is a boy, he'll be Collin Stewart (Stewart is my amazing Grandpa's name!). I love both names and am so excited we were able to settle on them! It was hard coming up with both names this time!

We're so excited for Little Three and can't believe the pregnancy is already half over!! God is good!!!

1 comment:

Mike said...

I think it is safe to say that this post shows my lead in the baby guessing. I predicted this would be a big baby and be born the first week in October. Uncles (excluding Jimmy) have a sixth sense when it comes to these things.

Mike

StatCounter