Monday, June 1, 2009

Birthday Lens

You may or may not have known, but Saturday was my birthday. ;) We had a fun family day and then my mom and sister came and babysat so Dave could whisk me away for a dinner date. I got some cool new maternity clothes from mi familia and a wicked sweet new camera lens from Dave and the kids. I've been playing around with it some and am having a lot of fun with it so far. I still have some learning to do, but it's a cool addition to my camera! These first few pictures are with the old lens though, but still very cute! Anna got to wear two bows for the first time and was quite the adorable little girl!


Waving and saying "Bye!"


This is after I opened my present. I still hadn't figured somethings out, so the lighting/coloring is a little off, but I still got some cute shots of my three loves!


Benjamin was more interested in the bubble wrap that my lens came in than looking up for pictures, but still a cute shot!




Unfortunately, the day still included yucky things like wetting the bed, fits, fights, and nose picking! Oh, well.......just comes with the territory!


We went to play Putt Putt Golf for the first time, this is on the way there..........



The cool thing about this camera lens is that I can make it focus on the foreground (basically always one of my kids!) and blur the background for a fun, artsy picture. For instance, here's a sharp, always handsome Benjamin standing in front of a blurry background of flower petals......cool, huh?!?!?!


The kids did really well at the putt putt golf course and we had a great time! "Mind if we play through?"


Miniature golfer!


Benjamin was really funny and would check all the holes for us and then give us an update on whether or not there were any bugs in them and if so, what kind!


He really got into it though and had a lot of fun!


I don't remember what he was yelling here, but I imagine it was, "FOUR!"
Watch out world, here comes Anna!

We had a great birthday dinner (JUST THE TWO OF US!) and then came home and had yummy ice cream cake with the kids, mom, and sister!


We went outside to play for a bit this afternoon (only a bit, b/c man it was hot!) and I got to play around with my lens some more!




My sweet little stinker! :)


Weeeeeeee!!!!!

My loves!


I thought Anna looked like she was posing for a magazine or something in this one!


Anna's quite the talker, but she also makes lots of funny little noises too. A favorite is a sweetly high pitched, "oooohh!!"


"Hi!"


And he's off!

3 comments:

Mike said...

I love the new pictures! I can't wait to see what you take next.

Mike

Mike said...

I like the picture of Dave with a kids cup in each pocket. Maybe I should get him a tool belt or something designed for those things.

The Luh's said...

NICE pictures!!!

StatCounter