Tuesday, December 16, 2008

9 Month Stats

Anna went in for her 9 month check-up. She checked out well and the Dr. said she was doing great! She weighed 19 pounds even (50th percentile) and was 28 inches long (70th percentile). This is the first year for both kids getting the flu vaccine, so they had to get two. They got their second doses and unfortunately they ran out of the nasal mist form that Benjamin got with his first dose. So basically it went like this: Benjamin got a shot and then cried and cried. Then Anna got two shots and cried and cried, then got a finger prick to do some blood work and cried some more. All the while Benjamin was upset about his shot AND the fact that they were now doing it to his sister. I was by myself and felt very overwhelmed not being able to comfort them both! :( After the nurse left and I was waiting for Anna's finger to stop bleeding (which took FOREVER) Benjamin collapsed flat on the ground, arms and legs straight out completely devoid of emotion. I was like, "Are you OKAY???" He would just stare at me! :( When I told Dave this, he said Benjamin must of been in shock! Anyway, they were both fine by the time we got into the car (with the help of a sucker) and then we came home, got two doses of Tylenol going and naps for all (myself included)!

Here's our quirky little 9 month old. She seems to think it's best to climb over the airplane, instead of going around it!

Benjamin liked to do a similar thing, you can see him in a similar pose by checking out this post.

We seem to be popular with Santa this year. Some new friends of ours' had Santa over to their house to visit their kids and thought it would be less scary for their son if Benjamin was there (FYI, Benjamin and his new friend, Tyler, are like two peas in a pod. They play crazy good together....no fighting and they go right off and start playing the moment they're together). So we went and Benjamin was a pro at sitting with Santa! He even gave him a hug. When we told him to tell Santa what he wanted for Christmas, he said "a cannycane" b/c that's what Santa gave him the last time he saw him! :) And good ole' Santa had some to give!!!


Anna was much more receptive of Santa this time!


All the kids together! When I showed this picture to Benjamin he said, "There's mine an there's Tywer. And that's Tywer's baby and that's mines baby Anna!"


One more funny Benjamin story, before switching to the little cupcake. Last night I took him to bed and we like to play on the way there and I pretend I'm racing him so I can sleep in his "big boy bed". Last night we did that and after he got in it, I would say, "Hey it's my turn!" and he'd say, "No mine turn!" and we repeated that a few times tickling and laughing. Then he said, "Momma you no fit in mine bed. You's too big." So I did my fake sad face and he said right away with a big comforting smile on his face, "It okay Momma. You's sleep in the big bed!"

And here's the sweet cupcake. I forgot to mention in my last post that she has also learned how to give kisses. And recently she has started clapping just by you saying, "Anna, clap" without showing her. She is growing up so fast!!!


On Sunday she had her usual church dress on and it's so funny b/c she has developed a way to crawl so that she's not crawling on her dress. I call it her "Lady Crawl" :)


This is just a random silly picture!


And here's a video I got to show the lady crawl. Also, at the beginning you will see her favorite trick. Dave, Benjamin or I make this funny noise with our mouth and then she does it back to us. It's a very high form of entertainment in our house right now!

I've been trying to get a video/picture of her saying Momma, giving kisses, or clapping but she already has a mind of her own and has decided she only wants to perform when there isn't a camera present!

Finally, although we didn't have much participation in our picture contest (you guys stink btw), I'm sure you are all still dying to know why Benjamin had the three stripe outfit on.......drum roll please............He's wearing big boy underwear!!!! We started last Monday and he is doing great!!! He had just one accident a day the first few days and now he hardly has any!!!! As Benjamin would say..........Hip! Hip! Hooray!!!!!

1 comment:

Kathy Smallwood said...

I love the lady crawl! :) That video is adorable!

StatCounter