Tuesday, November 4, 2008

Update

We went to the Dr. today and he agreed that she had been doing this for too long. Plus she had lost a little over half a pound since our last visit. He gave her some probiotics, which are basically good bacteria to line her digestive tract and help her diarrhea to stop. If she is still having any diarrhea or vomiting by Friday, he wants to do some testing to see if she has an infection some where in her digestive tract that would require a specific antibiotic. He also suggested I start giving her bland food every 3-4 hours, regardless if she keeps it down or not. So I gave her a very small amount of applesauce twice today and she kept it down!!! She started to throw up the bread we gave her, so we nixed that and then gave her a bit of banana and she kept that down. She did have a large amount of diarrhea this afternoon, but I feel really positive about her progress with keeping food down! :)

So thanks to everyone that has been concerned and has been praying, we really appreciate it!
~Andee

PS If you are wondering how the appt went today after how mad I was, it didn't happen. :( We got the kids up and voted and then went to walk-in. After all that waiting, Benjamin got really loud when I was trying to talk with the Dr. The Dr. yelled, "Ben!" (I think he was being joking with him), but Benjamin is in a big "embarrassment phase" and gets REALLY upset when someone other than Dave or I scolds him. So he preceded to cry louder and louder and louder. He cried all the way out of the office and all the way home, so I just got out of there and didn't stay to talk with a manager. I think I will just call sometime, b/c I still feel I should let them know how unsatisfied I am with the care we received yesterday!

1 comment:

Rachel said...

Andee thanks for the update. I'm keeping Anna & your whole family in my prayers. Let us know when it gets better. Hang in there.

StatCounter