Tuesday, April 29, 2008

Two Month Checkup

Anna had her two month checkup yesterday. She is now 11 lb 13 oz and 23 1/4 inches long and her head is 39 cm (which by the way was how big Benjamin's was at birth!). She was 75th percentile for all her measurements, so I guess you could say she is very proportional! It's hard to believe she's gained 5 pounds already! Everything checked out with her and the Dr. said she was doing great! So that was good to hear, but unfortunately she also had to have her first shots!!! Boo!!! Dave and Benjamin left me to do the dirty work, so to speak and it was pretty sad! She had to get 5 shots and one oral vaccine. She did good with the oral one, but cried so hard with the shots. She had tears welling up in her eyes, which she's never cried tears before...so that was pretty pitiful! But soon fortunately it was over and she settled to sleep. She seems to feel fairly good after; no fevers or fussiness, just a little more sleepy. Last night I was cooking dinner and she was hanging out with me sitting in her high chair and she fell asleep just sitting there, which she's never done before......


Today Anna seems to be doing really well and even gave me a wonderful surprise....she laughed!!! She smiles when she's falling asleep and a few times has laughed too. But today, she laughed while awake and she actually kept doing it over and over for like 10 minutes! So sweet!!!!!!!


And here's what my silly son looked like this morning...Mickey Mouse jammies on, giraffe rain boots, and working on his tools! He's a trip! :)


Funny Conversation
Dave just came home and he, Benjamin, and I were standing together talking and Benjamin lifted up my shirt and was looking at my belly....
Benjamin: This? (pointing to my scar from the c-section I had with him)
Me: That's where Benjamin came out of Momma's belly.
Benjamin: No! Anna out Momma's belly!
Me: You came out of Momma's belly too, when you were a baby.
Benjamin: No! Anna out Momma's belly!
Me: Well if you didn't come out of Momma's belly like Anna did, then where did you come from when you were a baby?
Benjamin: In* out Daddy's belly!!!
Followed by Benjamin and me laughing and Dave looking horrified!
*In is how he says Benjamin

No comments:

StatCounter