Friday, April 4, 2008

Finally....a haircut!

After a VERY long time without one, Benjamin finally got another haircut. He was really, really shaggy!!!! (Just look at the previous post) Here's how cute he looks now! We can see his beautiful eyes again! Also, he only cried for about 20 seconds this time (usually he cries the whole time and breaks my heart).....so I was so excited and so proud!


And here's some more pictures from our week.....

We got Anna a cool rain forest activity mat and she has recently really started enjoying it! Benjamin loves sitting with her and working the buttons (turning the music on) and he's really good at shaking the toys for her so she gets to see them! Such an awesome big brother!


Here's some funny pictures I took of Anna recently. There were more, but I tried to limit myself.......

Anna all nice and asleep....


"Oh, I think I might wake up!" BIG stretch.....


BIG yawn....."Oh, I'm still soooooo sleepy!" I laughed so hard and so long with this one!!!


And here's one of her from today. She's in the playpen we bought for Benjamin that has this cool bed you can put on the top. It has these little animals that hang from the bars above and it is Anna's favorite. She loves getting laid down in it and looking up at the animals. It's really cute to see!


Some updates on Anna: She started smiling while she's awake this week. It's just been four or five times, but it melts my heart to see. I laugh out loud with joy each time she smiles (awake or asleep) because I think it's just the most beautiful/amazing thing. So you can imagine it really makes me happy when she smiles because she's awake and happy and looking at her Momma! Poor Dave hasn't seen one yet, but I'm sure he will soon because she sure does love her Daddy!


She is also making more noises. She does these sweet little happy sighing that kind of sound like a sweet little ahhh while she's nursing. She also is making little squeals and talking noises when she's laying down flat kicking and wiggling. Her face and abdomen have really started filling out recently and she's finally starting to get bigger! It's amazing how fast this all happens! We are so blessed that she is here, growing, healthy, and happy!


I know this is a long post already, but I wanted to leave you with this cute conversation I had with Benjamin tonight on the way home from his haircut. FYI he leaves out all the small in-between words and just says the verbs, nouns, and adjectives usually!


Me: Hey, Benjamin. Guess what, Daddy isn't going to work tomorrow!
Benjamin: Daddy no work?
Me: No, he's going to stay home with us for two days!
Benjamin: Daddy no work, stay home In, Momma, Anna! (Repeat) (Repeat) (Repeat)

*In is how he says Benjamin


We're going to get to see Katie and meet her baby Kayla for the first time on Sunday and we're going to get to introduce Anna to her aunt Kelly for the first time on Sunday. So we should have lots of cute pictures next week! Hope you all have a very blessed weekend!

No comments:

StatCounter