Wednesday, April 9, 2008

Fits, Dresses, and Helmets

Benjamin has been on a big independence kick. He gets so mad about not getting to do the smallest things, like turning off a light, shutting a door, taking off his socks, etc. He starts crying and says "Big Boy!" over and over until you let him do what he wanted to do. It's been a little much lately, because he's doing it like 20 times a day! No kidding! A couple nights ago, he really got going. It was one fit after another and he didn't calm down from the last one, so by the end he was just screaming and crying and running around the house mad! Dave hadn't ever seen him get into a full blown fit and I think he was a little shocked! He made me take this picture of him when he was first started....it got much worse though! Dave wanted me to video tape it so we could embarrass him with it when he was older, but I thought that was a bit cruel!




This is how Anna looked during the fit! Dave thought it was funny how she was holding her hand under her chin like this!



I got Anna's baptism dress in the mail yesterday. I got 0-3 months because she's still in newborn clothes and we're baptizing her in about 2 months. So I wanted to see how it fitted her, to see if I got the right size. It was pretty big on her, so I think it should fit two months from now. I was so excited to have her in the dress and thought she looked so pretty, I couldn't resist taking some pictures....




The matching sweater is really big on her! Looks like she has some growing to do! I also got matching shoes and tights!!!! :)

It's really funny to me how Benjamin reacts to when I'm giving Anna lots of attention, like dressing her, talking to her when she's awake, etc. I would have thought he'd get jealous and fussy. But instead, he just becomes interested in her too. He climbs on the bed or lays next to her when she's on the activity mat and he talks to her too and gives her kisses and rubs her head. It's so sweet and makes my heart really happy! I guess he loves her!


I asked Benjamin to lay next to Anna so I could take a picture of them together to show how much bigger he is. With the whole Big Boy craze, he of course thought this was great! I think this picture is so cute, it looks like Anna is smiling a little bit too! And you gotta love Benjamin's bed-head!!!!


I took this picture of Anna with her clothes off to show how much she is growing! She's starting to plump up and looking sooooo cute!!!! I thought she'd be changing sizes of clothes soon, but I guess she hasn't grown quite has much as I thought.


Since it's finally warm outside, I figure Benjamin will be riding his bike outside soon. So we went to the grocery store yesterday (our first time going with all four of us by the way.....quite the adventure) and I bought Benjamin a helmet. To prove that my son does in fact have the largest head ever (as if him being over the growth charts his entire life isn't enough, nor the fact I pushed for five hours and he didn't budge) guess what size I had to buy him???? Well the smallest size is 3 years +, so I figured, he's two that should work right? Nope! I had to get him a 5 years + helmet!!!! How crazy is that! He liked trying it on and has been playing with it all morning, hopefully he likes wearing it on his bike too!

No comments:

StatCounter