Thursday, April 24, 2008

This ought to make you smile.....

Well we sure have been busy around here. With the weather nicer, we've been visiting the park and spending lots of time outside. That makes it really nice for Benjamin and me to get out of the house!!! Benjamin's growing up so much and becoming quite the little guy! Anna of course is growing fast as babies always do! She's gotten bigger and is staying awake a lot more and starting to get some personality! She's gotten a lot stronger too and will push off Dave and my chest and hold herself up for quite some time. Benjamin and Anna have become a lot more interested in each other too. Anna really likes looking at Benjamin and he loves talking to her and showing her toys. Anna has been cooing and talking more and Benjamin seems to really be tickled by that. He tries to mimic all the sounds she makes! It's really sweet to see them together, but it makes my job a little more stressful as I always have to keep my eyes on the two of them as Benjamin's loving and attention isn't always baby-appropriate! Well, here are some recent pictures........


The other day at lunch, Benjamin lost his shirt and so later he was snacking on the couch and Dave said he looked like a drunken pirate! But I thought he looked sweet! You decide.....



After the snack things got a little wild......
Benjamin loves taking care of Anna. Here he is buckling her in her bouncy seat! She just stares at him!!!


And here's our little cupcake! She's becoming quite the cute little girl! :)

I finally captured my baby girl smiling! I was so excited when it happened yesterday!!! One day last week Dave had taken care of Anna pretty much all evening while I spent some time with Benjamin and took care of dinner. After I put Benjamin to bed, I came over and started talking to her. And I guess because she hadn't spent time with me in awhile, she was happy to see me and started smiling as soon as I started talking to her! It was the sweetest thing, she smiled more that day than she ever has. My face hurt from smiling afterwards!!!! As you can see below, it's quite a sweet smile!!!


And here she is cooing at me!


We had another special moment yesterday too. Big boy Benjamin opened our sliding door! It's a heavy door and he's never been able to do it before. It was so funny when he did it, Dave and I were so shocked and then we looked at Benjamin's face and he had a huge smile, but you could tell he was pretty shocked with himself too! I guess now we have to figure out how to child-proof a sliding door!!!

No comments:

StatCounter