Monday, January 17, 2011

Blankie

I had the best idea last week!! Really, I did! I decided to try a blanket with Collin. I am super SIDS conscious and never put a blanket in with my babies until the pediatrician says it's okay (usually around 18 months). My Grandma made a blanket for Collin when he was born and I decided it would be perfect - right size, has small holes where he could breath if the blanket was caught up by his face but not too big that he would get his arm/leg caught in the holes. For those who don't know, Collin is a terrible sleeper. This is not an exaggeration. He is (by a lot!) my worse sleeper out of my babies. He wakes up if someone just breaths in his room, flips all over his bed all night long, and takes the shortest naps. He also has never learned how to soothe himself back to sleep. So anyway, I decided to try a blanket with him.......and it is amazing! When I get the blanket and tell him it's night, night time he holds his little arms up to me and becomes a sweet sack of potatoes in my arms as I carry him to his bed and he almost never cries after I lay him down (he used to almost every time). The blanket helps him to stay tucked into one place more and he sleeps so much better! So, thank you Grandma for the sweet blankie for our little monkey!

I'd get a picture of him all snuggled up and sleeping with his blanket except it would almost certainly wake him up!

Collin has been trying to trick us lately. He will point to one of us and say the wrong names (Momma, Dada, Nana, Beh-a-meh, cah, doh) on purpose to try and get a reaction out of us. He's such a character! He also continues to have a great vocabulary that is growing at a great speed!
Our new cat, Max lets all the kids pet him and that is a HUGE hit in our house. The boys especially are very tickled by Max's friendliness.

Max is trying so hard to become friends with Pepper. In the evening he gets a little spunky and tries to get her to play with him. He's very gentle and doesn't pounce on her or swipe at her. Yet, Pepper is not interested in playing with him. She immediately hisses and growls to tell him no. Dave thought maybe if we forced them to start eating together she would like him more. So far, no luck though.

1 comment:

Christine said...

Wow! I don't think I'd sleep very well without a blanket either-- LOL! Glad sleeping is going better.

StatCounter