Saturday, October 17, 2009

Just The Five of Us

We've been really enjoying being home and adjusting to our new life as a family of five! The kids are being so good about Collin joining our family. They are super happy to have him here and get so excited to see him. Anna likes pointing out his body parts, playing with his hair, and declaring "A Baby!" when she sees him. She's super gentle when touching him and doesn't seem jealous at all! Benjamin doesn't ever want to hold him, but loves to rub his head and get Collin to look at his big brother. This evening when he was looking at Collin, he all of a sudden declared to me, "Doesn't Baby Collin have the bluest eyes?" How precious is that???? :) The first night we were home was a bit of a struggle getting the older two asleep. Afterwards, Dave came into the living room to find Collin and I fast asleep!

Collin has done a lot of sleeping and just today started being awake more and doing a better job waking on his own to eat (before we were waking him).



Benjamin has outgrown his bike and I didn't want to wait until his birthday (the middle of winter) to get him a new one. So I thought it would be cute to have the new baby get their siblings a present to thank them for welcoming them into our family. Before Collin was born, I picked out a bike for Benjamin and got this bed for Anna's dolls. You can't tell by the picture that it's her present, but it is! ;) She has fun putting her babies and bunny "night, night" in them and even startled me once when she tried to climb in!


I put Collin in the bouncy seat while we were giving them their presents so I could take pictures and he didn't enjoy it to much. He's still pretty little and doesn't fit too well in it.


Benjamin was excited by his bike and Anna was too!


I can't get over how big he looks on it!


Anna was so excited about Benjamin's bike and desperately wanted a turn. So we got Benjamin's old bike out and gave it to her, which she was really happy about.


Our little burrito!


We had Collin's weight check appointment yesterday, so we had to do our new car seat arrangement. Benjamin has known for awhile that he gets to sit in the back with Anna once the new baby got here and has been really excited about it. I didn't realize that Anna would get excited about it too. She's saying "back" in this picture!


Collin and Momma get to now sit in the middle seats! He did good at his appointment. His bilirubin was almost the same as the one they took before we left the hospital. I was super excited about that, b/c I've been worrying about it after how high Anna's got. He weighed 8 lb 5 oz which is what he weighed when we left the hospital. It's good that he hasn't lost anymore, but they want to see him start gaining....so we have to go back on Monday for another weight check.


We are so blessed by a wonderful church family. They set up meals for us to get supper delivered every other day for the next several weeks. Our friend Kacey brought us supper yesterday and got a snuggle with sweet Collin. Anna really likes Kacey and was excited for her to come over!

I put Collin in the swing for the first time this morning so I could grab a shower. Again, he's still small so he doesn't seem like he's very comfortable....but he did pretty good in it. We have to really be on our toes though and watch Miss Anna when he's in there. She would really love to swing him back and forth, but we don't think Collin would enjoy it!


I had to zoom in on this picture and Collin's hand is kind of in the way, but if you look closely you can see the first smile I captured on camera. I know it's not a real smile, but I still enjoy them!


We finally had some sunshine today, so Dave took Benjamin and Anna out to ride their bikes and get out of the house for a bit. The only way I could think of to take Collin out in the cool weather was to bundle him up and then put him down in the sling so he'd be toasty inside it against me. We only stayed out for a few minutes but it was nice to get to see Benjamin and Anna ride their bikes for the first time outside!


Collin had his first prolonged awake time today, which was a lot of fun! After holding him during it, I layed him on a blanket and let him wiggle around....which he really enjoyed. I really enjoyed snapping away and capturing how adorable he is!


Dave took a turn with the camera so that I could show how skinny his legs are! They are so long and skinny! He's also got a really long neck that's super cute! It's really noticeable to me that he's 2 inches longer than Benjamin and Anna were.



I found a really cool diaper bag on sale a month or so ago. When I was transferring all my stuff to it yesterday, Anna wanted to have her hat and sunglasses. She didn't want much to do with them this summer when we actually needed them, but has so enjoyed wearing them the past two days! She looks crazy cute doing so too!

No comments:

StatCounter