Wednesday, June 25, 2008

The Progression of Hats and Other Cute Moments

I've noticed a funny thing in raising these kiddos.

They go from being too little to notice or care that you're putting a hat on them...



To hating hats and pulling them off every time you try to make them wear one.
(No picture here)

To absolutely loving hats and wearing it everyday and acting like its one of the best toys ever!



Benjamin and his friend Maddox playing around. I was bummed b/c I went to get the camera b/c they were sitting right next to each other and had their arms around each other. Of course by the time I came back, they had moved! Oh, well!


I just thought this was a really cool picture. They're shaking hands and their hands are blurry, but they aren't! :)


We've been going swimming a lot already this summer! Over the weekend we took them to the public pool here b/c they have a cool water area for small kids with a slide, tunnel, water fountains, etc. Anyways, it was kinda cold, but they both seemed to have a good time!


Anna continues to require to be swaddled up like this to sleep or else she wakes herself up rubbing her hands on her face. The other day, I came over when she woke up and this is how I found her....with one little fist peeking out!


Almost as soon as she saw me, she gave me a big grin!

I'll go ahead and admit my bad Momma moment, that when Benjamin and Anna first make noises and I know they are waking up from their nap, I cringe a little bit. I usually work really hard to get their naps to sync up at least for a little while and that is my only time during the day to myself. So, I'm a little sad that it's over. The great thing though is that they quickly change my mind! When Benjamin wakes up, he comes out to the living room, gives me a smile and a "Hi Momma!", and then runs up to me a gives me a huge hug that usually lasts 5+ minutes! Needless to say, my heart overfills! :) And Anna is so sweet too! She almost always wakes up really quietly and just looks around and tries to sit up. She just has a blank stare on her face and then as soon as I come to get her and start talking to her she gives me so many huge wonderful smiles!!!


Well I'm off to go play with Benjamin while Anna's sleeping! I'm excited b/c we get to go meet Dave for lunch soon. I've been leaving everyday as soon as he gets home in the evening to go help with Vacation Bible School. I don't get back until close to 9:00 and by the time we get the kids to bed, we're both pretty exhausted and don't get to spend much time together! But let me tell you, keeping track of 15 three year-olds for three hours really makes me realize that these two aren't that tiring!!!! :) Be blessed!

No comments:

StatCounter