Monday, May 10, 2010

My Mother's Day Celebration

We decided to move Mother's Day to Saturday instead of Sunday b/c we are taking a class Sunday evenings and between that, church, and nap time there isn't time left for much else. Thank goodness we did, b/c as we were leaving for church Sunday morning I noticed Anna's forehead was crazy hot and she was running a high fever. So we ended up chilling at home all day long and I was so thankful we had just had a wonderful time celebrating the day before. We decided to go to the zoo on Saturday for our Mother's Day. When we got there the parking lot was practically empty and when we stepped out we found out why. It was 50 degrees and VERY breezy. We figured since we had already driven here and the kids were excited, we'd bundle them up in a couple of layers and go to the dolphin show and a few other things inside. It actually turned into a wonderful day and Dave and I both agreed it was the best zoo trip either of us can ever remember! It was a magical time spent with my children and experiencing joy with them the way only children can. Here we are all bundled up and walking into the dolphin show. See how few people there were? (Don't worry, we weren't leaving Anna behind. Dave was walking with her but ran ahead to get our picture. He quickly returned to his girl.)


At the dolphin show we were in the front row and no one else was even in our section! Usually we're super crowded with people all around when we go to one of these shows. Me and my boys!


Our happy family of five!


Benjamin was super happy to have a matching shirt to wear with Collin for our zoo trip! Here they are watching the start of the show....



They all seemed to enjoy the show, even Collin!


Can't help but wonder what must be going through his head when he sees such strange things (to him) as dolphins jumping in and out of the water!


Next it was onto the nearest indoor exhibit, the dessert animals. Benjamin LOVES going to this one b/c his favorite is....


Do you know what animal is down there?

Can you see them all cuddled up together?

It's the meerkats! Benjamin could sit and watch these for so long, he just loves them! They were all down in their little tunnel, all cuddled up and sleeping except for this one lone explorer...

Collin's exploration of the day involved Daddy's hat. He was beyond curious about it and would smile so big once he got a hold of it!

Upside down baby!


I know this picture is blurry, but I just love how they are enjoying one another. I'm very blessed to say that there is a LOT of love between these three!


These turtles were so funny! I've never seen turtles move so much and so quickly, they were walking back and forth and running into each other.


Fast asleep on Daddy's shoulder!


Penguins!!!


We pretty much had the exhibit to ourselves (it's usually rather crowded). We sat here for at least 30 minutes and I had one of the best times I have ever had with my children! At first we just enjoyed watching them swimming around and standing on the land above.


Then we started playing a fun game of putting our hands out and saying, "Where'd those penguins go?"

Then we'd squeal with delight when one swam by us!


It was SO much fun!!!




Collin really enjoyed watching them swim by too!!!


Next up, we went by the seal viewing area. The seals were super active and were swimming by so fast! Benjamin was so very funny watching them! He'd get up close to the glass and wait for them to swim by and then act like they had surprised him. He had us all laughing so hard!


After he jumped back, he'd pull his arms in like this and declare (through laughs of delight) that those seals tried to get him!!!


Everyone had so much fun!!!


Collin really enjoyed all the fun activity that was going on and smiled so much that day!!
After the seals they pet sharks and had so much fun. I was surprised by how well they did at being quiet and holding still so the sharks wouldn't get scared. Anna actually threw a fit when it was time to leave the sharks!


While I nursed Collin in the car, the kids and Dave headed over to the butterfly exhibit. We had never been before (butterflies are bugs in my book and thus gross) and Dave called and told me I should come over when I was finished feeding Collin b/c the kids were having a lot of fun. The exhibit is in beautiful gardens, so I couldn't resist trying to get some pretty pictures. It was about an hour past nap time at this point, so I was blessed to get any good pictures!

See the butterfly?
Brother loving!


Lots of pretty Anna shots.....





Can you see the love they have for Collin?


I'm not going to lie, being a stay at home mom to a 4 year old, 2 year old, and infant isn't always easy. But in the midst of the difficulties comes such amazing joy from getting to spend my days with these three sweet babies that God has blessed me with. I love each of them so very much and consider it my biggest blessing to spend my days mothering them!!!!


I am so thankful to have spent my first Mother's Day with my little monkey too!

1 comment:

Stacia said...

beautiful! what a wonderful Mother's Day!!!

StatCounter