Thursday, May 13, 2010

C Post: Cup, Comparison, Collin at 7 Months, and (kind of) Crawling

I was about to give Collin a cup for the first time one evening, when Benjamin got out of bed (again, I'm sure). I decided to be a nice Momma and even though he wasn't following the rules, I let Benjamin stay up and give Collin his first cup (I knew this would be very exciting for Benjamin).


He was really proud and excited that Collin liked the cup.


Collin mostly just explored the cup and enjoyed chewing on the mouth part. But you gotta start somewhere!



Benjamin gets a big kick out of helping with the dishes these days. I hope that continues!


My Grandma found this picture of my Dad when he was Benjamin's age. She told me to show it to Anna and Benjamin and ask them who they thought it was. They both guessed Benjamin!


The real Benjamin (Anna still thinks the picture of my Dad is Benjamin, no matter how I explain it to her).


Benjamin's preschool had a Mother's Day Tea that I got to attend on Tuesday. We had yummy snacks that Benjamin served to me, they sang a song to their moms, he gave me a picture he drew of him and me, and we made this picture frame together. It was a really special time and it meant a lot to both of us to celebrate Mother's Day with some time just the two of us!


Collin turned 7 months old yesterday.

He was so funny playing with his drawstrings!


I zoomed out so you can see how long he is......


Isn't he just so cute?!?! He has started doing his own little version of an army crawl this week. He tucks one arm under his belly and then reaches with the other and kind of shimmies his body back and forth to move himself forward. The last few days he's been getting his belly off the ground some too, but he only moves backwards so far when he gets onto his knees and it only lasts a few seconds.


I was so excited when I was getting his 7 month pictures and he started clapping his hands. This is the first time I've caught it with the camera. He's so cute, b/c he watches his hands as he claps them and smiles at them!




Yay!!!!



Sorry, I know that was a lot of pictures of basically the same thing. But I just love when he's so delighted like he was when I took these pictures. Usually, he saves such joy for when he sees Benjamin or Anna. Another thing that makes him really happy though is cold drinks. When I pick up my drink, he reaches his hand out and wraps his palm around it and smiles and squeals! He gets so excited by feeling the cold on his hands. One more thing: for a few months now, Collin has really enjoyed slapping his hand on things. He does it so often that Dave calls him "Slappy" sometimes.
Benjamin story: I was loading up the kids in the car when Benjamin started asking me about Milo. He does this every few days (asks me if I miss Milo and reassures me that we will all be alive in Heaven sometime, so it's okay). I applauded his understanding once again after we were finished talking and explained that God is happy that he understands this. Benjamin asked, "Because God knows everything, right?" I told him that yes, God does. And Benjamin declared, "Just like the Easter Bunny and Santa!" Awesome.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oh my goodness Andee, I thought that was pic of Benjamin that you had turned into a black and white photo. I had to keep going back and looking at it. Definately know who he gets his good looks from, huh? Jeanice

Stacia said...

wow! it's crazy how much he looks like your dad did!

StatCounter