Wednesday, May 6, 2009

From The Mouth of a (Sweet) Three Year Old

Benjamin kept tickling me today, so I started typing out the different stuff I heard him saying. These are all from today, hope you enjoy. Sorry there are no pictures to go along with them.

When watching The Little Mermaid, Benjamin always likes the song, "You Want To Kiss The Girl" the best. He sings along and everything. After watching it this morning he kept singing it over and over again. I told him he better not be kissing any girls. He said, "Yes, mine is." Me: "Who are you kissing?" With his head turned down just slightly and his face in a smirk, B: "Ariel."

During the movie, Benjamin asked what they were talking about. I told him that they were getting married. He said, "You are married. See, there pictures of when you were married." Me: "Who am I married to?" B: "You married to Daddy! Mine not married yet, because mine is not old enough. But mine getting bigger and bigger and when mine your age, mine get married too." He then preceded to explain the same thing to Anna and how she too would get married b/c she's getting bigger and bigger too!

I was putting Benjamin down for a nap, when I noticed he felt warm. I asked if we could go check his temperature before laying down. His response (while skipping to the kitchen), “One temperature coming right up!”

Anna was crying in the car this morning. Benjamin turned and said to her in the sweetest voice, “Why you crying Anna? You have your paci.”

We are keeping my friends’ son today. I was going back to check and see if he had woken up from his nap today. Of course as soon as I left the living room (the gated living room that is), Anna started wailing. From the hallway I could hear Benjamin soothing Anna, “It okay Anna! Mine promise you Momma not leaving you! Mine promise!”

No comments:

StatCounter