Thursday, May 21, 2009

The Bathing Suits Are Out!

It was hot today! Wanting to get out with the kids, but not have us sweat to death....I decided to get out the bathing suits and fill up the pool. Benjamin was quite the primadonna and would whine if he got his clothes wet, but Anna got right into it.....literally! The water was cold, but it didn't stop her from having a grand time! So mostly this post is a pictorial tribute to my splashing, bathing suit-clad, beauty of a daughter! Tell me she doesn't look big in this one......


Time to splash!






The biggest, sweetest smile around!


When I would ask her if she was wet, she would say "Wet!" and then look down at herself like this! :)



Benjamin did have some fun! Just not quite as wet of fun as Anna.

I couldn't resist taking this picture. He was holding this pitcher and swaying back and forth and it so looked like he was peeing!


Anna was staring at my feet in the pool and so I asked her if she wanted to get in (thinking she would just stand in the pool), to which she replied, "In!", grabbed my hand, climbed into the pool and sat right in the middle of it like it was nothing!


Bathing Beauty!


Benjamin was having fun from the safety of the outside of the pool!


After all that playing, it was time for a big drink!


Showing you her flowers.......


Chalk time!


I thought she looked really big in this one too! She was funny and the ball rolled over to our fence. The neighbor's dogs were out making some noise, so she went right up to the fence and started declaring, "DOG!" As soon as one of them came up to the fence though, she came running to the safety of Momma's arms! Apparently the 6 foot high fence wasn't enough protection!


I was impressed with Benjamin's creation of a water slide. He would carry a cup of water up the playground, pour it down the slide and then go down after it!

Obviously, it was a very fun day! I'm excited for many more!!!!!

Yesterday, we walked and got the mail and then when we got back to the house Anna was refusing to come inside. I told her no and that we had to go inside, to which she responded by taking off as fast as her sweet chubby legs could take her down the side walk. Unfortunately, she's no expert at moving that fast yet and fell and got her first skinned knee. By the time we got inside, it was bleeding pretty bad (which she thoroughly enjoyed playing with btw, yuck!). I mostly got the bleeding to stop, but was still a little bit. It was way past nap time and I didn't want her to get blood stains on the sheets, so I put a bandaid on it. It was a first for Anna, so of course she wanted to play with that too. She wouldn't stop trying to take it off, so I grabbed some leggings to put over (just trying to find something quick to put over the bandaid and get her to leave it alone). After putting Benjamin down, I went in to check on her and couldn't help chuckle at her peaceful little body fast asleep clashing hard-core with her very wild outfit! :)



If you missed the post below, I expect you all to participate in our baby guessing game. There's an orange and white box to the top left side of the blog now (called ExpectNet). You just click on it, push the submit a guess button on that page, and then enter your guess and who you are. So go have some fun guessing about Little Three. You never know, maybe there will be an awesome prize for the winner.......... :)

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I think the oldest sibling is always the most cautious. Maybe it's because we're extra careful with our "firsts" and we make them that way. Congrats on #3 by the way. Jeanice

stacia said...

great pictures!!! love the outfit.

StatCounter