Friday, June 1, 2007

The Sprinkler


As I type this I am contemplating going to bed soon (its 8:00, Benjamin went to bed before 7:30)! I am tired! We've been crazy busy lately. We went to Lafayette for my birthday on Wednesday. Dave had to work Saturday (thought he was gonna have it off), so he decided to bank a vacation day from it instead of getting paid for it this time and told me we could do whatever I wanted for my birthday. Pretty cool, huh? I chose to go to Lafayette and take Benjamin to Purdue for the first time. It was a wonderful day! The weather was beautiful and we had a blast walking all over campus and driving around town. Benjamin and Dave had a lot of fun playing in the fountains on campus and that was really cute to watch! (Dave always tried to talk me into going through them with him when we were students and I always refused, so it was nice for him to have someone to get wet in them with!) We also got to see some of our old friends, including going out to eat with two of the girls I worked with at the hospital and their families. All in all.....a fabulous birthday! I really miss Lafayette still, so it was really nice to be back for a day! The only bad part of the day was I forgot my camera! Crazy, I know! I was so worried about remembering to put it on the charger the night before so it would work the next day and then I forgot to take it off the charger and put it in my bag! I was pretty devastated at first, but we made it through! So you'll just have to imagine the fun times we had there! Then yesterday Benjamin and I drove to Danville which is on the west side of Indianapolis (about an hour and a half away) to see my best friend from nursing school, Rachel. I hadn't seen her since she came and visited us when Benjamin was one week old, so it was really great to see her! We had a great time together!

Today Benjamin and I mostly just took it easy. We didn't get in the car once!!!! A much deserved break. We had a lot of fun outside. I put Benjamin in a swimmer diaper and his swimming shirt and let him play in the sprinkler for the first time. He loves water so much and had a lot of fun! He's pretty fearless and would get right in it! Here's some pics! Hope all of you are well and having fun out there!

I think this picture is priceless! He's such a cutie!


Zoe had a blast with us out there. She really likes getting in the sprinkler too and would go back and forth from doing that and playing with her ball. Now she's exhausted just like me and Benjamin!

He had fun trying to fill this bucket with water from the sprinkler and then dumping it out. If you enlarge the picture, you can see he's making a funny face in this picture cause he's getting hit with the water!


"Look mom, I'm all wet!" On a side note, he says mom-mom-mom-mom all day long now. It's really, really cute!

No comments:

StatCounter