Sunday, June 17, 2007

Happy Father's Day

Happy Father's Day!!!! We got a great surprise in that we got to actually spend Father's Day with Dave today. He was supposed to work today but they ran out of parts yesterday and cancelled today. We were very pleased to be together!!! Benjamin is pretty sick and so we just stayed home all day and hung out together and worked on our house some. It was a very good day simply because we got to all three be together all day!!! Benjamin usually only wants me when he's sick, but surprised us and ONLY wanted Dave ALL day long. When I would start pouting that he didn't want me Dave would simply say, "It's father's day, he knows it!" So I think he was pretty pleased that his son wanted him all day!

To my husband, I wish a very happy father's day. I couldn't have picked a better dad for my son if I had the ability to meet every man in the world. He is patient, kind, loving, fun, adventurous, faithful, and every other quality a father requires. Our son is so fortunate to have Dave to travel through this life with!

To my dad, thank you for being there for me all my life. Thank you for loving me no matter what. For guiding me through life and always being someone I can count on to turn to in times of need. Thank you for all the fun we've had through the years and all the fun our future holds together! Thanks also for being such a fun grandpa to Benjamin and loving him so much!

To my grandpa, thank you for being my hero all my life. When I think of someone I want to model my life after, its you. You have been an amazing example to me. I love you more than you could ever know and treasure you so much!

To Jim, thank you for being a wonderful father-n-law. I don't think its often in life that you get blessed with wonderful in-laws as I have, but I really count myself one of the lucky ones to have you and Frankie in my life. Thank you for being there for my family no matter what. Thank you for raising an amazing son and being a great example of how a good man should live his life. Thank you also for being a loving and fun grandpa to Benjamin.


This is Benjamin today as he walked around with Dave's father's day card opening it and dancing to the music that played. He's quite the dancer!!! I didn't get any other good pictures unfortunately as he was pretty miserable today. He's been battling ear infections, either strep throat or a virus infection in his throat, and now a pretty nasty cough and is losing his voice! Poor kiddo!!! He's a trooper though and still managed to have tons of fun with his daddy today!

1 comment:

Lindsay said...

I can't believe how big he is!! I swear it was JUST yesterday that we were sitting in Tarkington together. I hope you have a great week! You all look/seem amazing!

StatCounter