Saturday, February 24, 2007

Well, I think we got some bad advice! We gave Benjamin a bath this afternoon so he could soak his hand like the doctor said. Afterwards though his blisters got much bigger and he even popped one! That seemed to cause him some pain, so I think we are going to hold off on getting it wet for a couple of days.

I just changed his dressing again before putting him to bed and the blisters were bigger still! Hopefully they are about done with filling up since it has been over 2 days since he burned himself!

Benjamin's still feeling pretty lousy too. His nose is running like crazy and he has a cough. I think he would have a fever too if he weren't getting so much Tylenol and Motrin. So he was pretty fussy and irritable. So we just took it easy today and spent most of it cuddling and sleeping! Instead of a lazy Sunday, we had a lazy Saturday! I'm really hoping he'll feel much better tomorrow.

He's so good though. He leaves his bandages on and doesn't seem to be in any pain because he uses the hand and everything. So it could be worse! I just wish he didn't have to be sick at the same time. He's really sweet with being so cuddly and clingy. He's gotten his hugs down really well. He wraps his two little arms around my neck so tightly....one of the greatest feelings ever! Dave's pretty jealous because so far the hugs have mostly been for me! I'm sure he'll share with his Daddy soon though!

Below is a picture of his hand I took before changing his bandage tonight. Its not very good because Benjamin doesn't really enjoy having his hand held still for very long and its hard to get it to show up on the camera. But you can see that its not really red, which we are thankful for. You can kind of see the blisters on his fingers and a little bit on the upper palm of his hand. If you click on the picture it gets bigger and you'd be able to see it better, if you're interested.

No comments:

StatCounter