Friday, June 22, 2012

Soccer Camp

We spent the week battling the 90 degree heat so that Benjamin could have lots of fun at soccer camp. He went each day through the week learning new soccer drills and enjoying one of his favorite activities.

His coach, Luc, explaining the next drill.

Practice, practice, practice.

High-fiving all the coaches on his way to get his award.

He got a soccer report card type award that raved on how great he did.

Posing with his coach and the other kids in his group.

There were three coaches with about 10 in each group. It was pretty cool to watch all these little five and six year olds running around together when they became a big group for something. The last thing they did together was have a huge water fight, which was a big hit!

Even though it was super hot, Benjamin really enjoyed himself. He loves soccer so much! On the way to his last day I asked him if he was sad that this was the last day of camp. He told me, "I'm a little bit sad that it's my last day and I'm a little bit happy that I won't be so tired anymore." I thought that was so funny because the poor guy was pretty tired (and ate a ton of food) after working so hard. He never slowed down when he was out there. Even with the heat, he gave it his all every single day!

No comments:

StatCounter