Monday, October 11, 2010

Swing and Christmas Card Rejects

I bought a swing for our front porch with my birthday money. After putting the swing together for me, Dave has attempted to hang it who knows how many times. He always gets interrupted or needs a certain tool or just can't decide how to do it. I very much appreciate his hard work for me and even more so now that he put it up for me this weekend. He asked that I back-date this post to May. ;) It was so cute watching the boys "work". Anna was still napping, Benjamin was cute outside with his tools and his very own ladder, and Collin was sweet standing at the window the whole time wishing he could be out with the big boys.

I LOVE it!!!

And I really love Collin's expression here! :)


We went to Brown County to try and get some pictures for our Christmas card while all the leaves are pretty. It ended up being too dark, since we decided to try to get them on a hike this year. But it was still a fun trip and I got some cute shots of the kiddos. Benjamin is really excited by radio towers right now and loves to point them out. He was pretty excited when we pulled up and there was one right where the hiking trail was.

It is exceedingly hard to get them all to look and smile! Dave and I probably look like fools trying so hard. ;) But it's worth it to document our cute babies!




Benjamin was super excited when we came upon the bottom of the radio tower at the end of the hike. Both he and Anna both also loved all the number markers on the trail too and would excitedly hike on to find the next sign.

At the end of the trail, Dave found someone kind enough to take a family picture over the vista.

My pretty cupcake!

We promised the kids a fun time on the playground after they cooperated for pictures. It got dark fast, so it was pretty dark out by the time we got there. But they didn't mind, they still played and had a grand time!


1 comment:

Matt Bruning said...

It was my love of radio towers at Benjamin's age that led to me being a news reporter. That is so cool.

StatCounter