Tuesday, October 12, 2010

1st Birthday Party

We were blessed to have lots of wonderful family and friends join us in celebrating Collin's 1st birthday on Sunday (10/10/10). It was a great day and we all had so much fun! It was especially nice having the extra room for the party in our new house and finally having a birthday in a month where it's warm enough to be outside (and boy was it, almost 90 degrees!). Of course, I had to go with a monkey theme for my little monkey. I'm not very artistic, but was pleased with how my monkey cake turned out! The kids all were too! :)

There weren't very many options for monkey party supplies, so I improvised. I put monkey stamps on the table cloth...

The monkey cake is a banana cake btw and it tasted yummy! :)

I searched long and hard to find this cute monkey balloon.

I was excited to find and re-use Benjamin's bib that he wore when eating his 1st birthday cake!

Grandma Susan got Collin a rocking chair (just like his brother and sister each have). He loves it!

He was so cute trying to rock it and crossing his little feet. :)

Hmmmm, what's that Momma?

Big brother was more than happy to help the birthday boy blow out his candle!

Mmmmm, I like the icing!

He had quite the audience!

Collin was pretty timid with his cake and only ate the icing. Despite Benjamin trying to teach him how to dig in!

Fun to play in!

He started crying, so I cleaned him off and picked him up for a few more tastes. (I later discovered he had a mild fever and was hurting I think from teething)

The big kids were very happy to have some cake!

Benjamin and Anna were the only kids who sat and made sure they ate every single bite!

Benjamin was very pleased with his messy face!

Since Collin was a little fussy, Dave brought him in to let him play for a little bit while most everyone was outside eating cake. Dave called me to come b/c Collin decided on his own that it was time for presents!

Almost got it!!

Happy with all the kids and activity going on around him!

He did so great with opening presents for his first time ever!



His siblings and several other boys were sitting in the waiting, ready to help open presents w/ the blink of an eye!


Collin got lots of cute little cars and he loves them!

He was funny with this present. He would rip a little piece of tissue paper off, then hand each piece to Benjamin.


It was so fun celebrating the birth of this special little guy!

Yay for a fun day!!!

His friend Avery has lots of practice with bows and insisted Collin give it a try! :)


I think it will look better on me, Collin.

She was right! ;)

Cars and trucks and all for me!!

Whew, this partying stuff is exhausting!

He loved this "ribbon" my sister's boyfriend made. Unfortunately, it was taken away b/c later Anna wrapped it around Benjamin's neck....not good!

Ahhh, a pillow!

Competing with cousin Will who's a month younger.

Benjamin, Anna, and cousin Jack would hug each other and then purposefully knock each other down to the ground like this.


And here's one last sweet picture my Dad sent me of Collin.

It was a great day and we had so much fun celebrating this sweet monkey! We're excited to celebrate his birthday today too with our family of five! :)

3 comments:

Kathy said...

We were so happy we could come and celebrate with you guys! And, Andee, don't be too humble! Your monkey cake was ADORABLE!

stacia said...

precious!

lindsey said...

looks like a fun time.. the monkey cake is super cute ;)

StatCounter