Sunday, January 11, 2009

Children's Museum

I've gotten into the bad habit of not posting for a while and then making you read these long posts with many, many pictures. Sorry! However, here are some pictures from the past week, including a trip we took to the Children's Museum yesterday.

Dave called me in from making dinner one night to see this....the kids playing back-to-back.


We have discovered a new love for Anna.....animal crackers. She LOVES them and is surprisingly able at eating them considering she has no teeth and all! So I was snapping away at her the other day as she feasted on them, playing around with my new camera and all!



Lately when I'm on the computer, Benjamin runs and gets his and plays next to me. The other day he came up and asked what I was doing. I told him I was writing an email and without saying a word, he went and dug out his computer from the toy box, sat next to me and started pushing the buttons and then declared, "Look Momma, mine do email too!"


We hadn't been to the Children's Museum in about a year and a half, so it was quite fun watching Benjamin and seeing how much fun he had now that he's three and all!



Anna had fun on her first trip too!


I think one of his favorite exhibits, was this one where he could shovel dirt. We gotta get this kid a job!


Lunch time!


With no bias, I can honestly say that my daughter is one of THE sweetest babies ever to crawl this earth. She is so well-natured and has never been a crier or one to get fussy for no reason. With that said, as she develops more of a personality....this shall we say, "stinker side" has begun to come about. She thinks being told no is not a punishment or correction of bad behavior, but instead a challenge. When you tell her no, she turns and looks at you, gets this stinker smile on her face and continues with the unwanted behavior (only faster) and then waits for you to chase her down......to which she rewards you with a satisfactory smile! I encourage you all to try and discipline that cute face! Anyway, while we were eating lunch she kept bending forward and putting her mouth on the highchair (ewww!). I would remove her mouth from the germy chair and tell her no (yes, sternly) to which she would smile her stinkerest smile and precede to do it again. Dave thought it was hilarious (and was no help) and decided to photograph the event......


Speaking of a stinker face, here's one for ya!


Benjamin looking for dinosaurs!


"Look, there a dinosaur Momma! And that dinosaur has tail! A reawy BIG tail!"


Showing his teeth next to some dino teeth!


Playing a dino game in a dino costume! He was really cute and came over while I was nursing Anna and shook his tail back and forth for me!


Train time!


Do I even need to introduce this one??? :)


More trains!


Fish! Benjamin went right up to the tank and pointed out "Nemo"!


Talking to the fish!


"Look, Momma.....a fish!"

I know I called her out on some of her more stinkeresque qualities, but Anna does continue to be the sweetest little girl. She continues to call for me, Momma, Momma, Mom-ma! over and over again. Her, "Hi!" greeting is about the sweetest thing as well! She has a little bit of a cold and while that of course saddens me....she has been very cuddly (she's usually too busy for that) and I have treasured it!
Hope you all had a great weekend too! Be blessed!

No comments:

StatCounter