Monday, August 20, 2007

Zoe the Toddler

Sometimes I feel like I have two toddlers in the house! I give Zoe a greenie bone sometimes in the evening after Benjamin goes to bed. If I give it to her when he's up, Benjamin will more than likely take it away from her. Usually she is very excited and eats it in 5 minutes or so. Last night, for some reason she didn't want to eat it. However, she didn't want anyone else to have it either. She was lying about a foot away from it and every time one of our cats would walk past, she would slowly creep up to it as if to not give away what she was guarding and still make sure the cats didn't get it. She did this about 4 times and then I looked over and she was laying practically on top of it (picture above). Apparently, its a lot easier to sleep and keep guard of her bone that way. By the way, the cats have absolutely no interest in it!

Then when it was time for bed and I asked Zoe if she was ready to get in bed like I always do, instead of her usually jumping up and running excitedly into the bedroom for this beloved time of day, she got up and looked at me, then down at her bone again and back at me. You could practically see what she was thinking....."I want to go to bed, but I can't leave my bone out here where those cats could steal it!" After about 5 minutes of much though (and me giving up and going on into the bedroom without her) she came running in with her bone in her mouth. Apparently, it would be much safer in there!!!! So silly! I couldn't help but laugh!

No comments:

StatCounter