Tuesday, April 13, 2010

Collin's Baptism

We started Collin on baby food last week. Like the cereal, he grimaces and acts like it's the most disgusting thing ever the first time he has something new and then the next time eats it up with no problem. It is so funny! We started with carrots and now he's on green beans (you can only start a new food every 3 days). Here's the carrot reaction:
First, we're curious....


Hmmmm, not so sure about this.....


Oh, what is this!


Really, what is this taste!?!?!


(Shutter) Whew, that is not good!


Half smiling b/c the other four members of his family are laughing at his reaction....


See part of his audience:



Dave's brother Jimmy and his family came in on Saturday for Collin's baptism. They spent the night and the kids had a blast! We had a group bath....


and a dance party!




On Sunday we celebrated our faith in Jesus and had sweet Collin baptized. It was a very special day and we were blessed with so many family members and a great church family to share in it and help start Collin's faith journey. We are so unbelievably blessed!!!



Momma and Daddy with Collin on his special day!



Our Pastor always walks the baby getting baptized around the sanctuary so everyone can see him/her. Collin was really cute looking at everyone and looking back at Pastor Steve to see who was holding him.


Pastor Steve talking to this special boy!


Collin getting baptized! He did so good throughout the whole time and never cried or got scared. It was a very special time!

(Benjamin laughed out loud when Pastor Steve put the water on. Later he told me that he thought it was funny b/c "Collin was like whoa, he didn't know what was happening and he didn't know that Pastor Steve was going to do that!" and then he laughed some more.)

Our family came back to our house and shared a yummy meal together. I made a special cake for Collin's special day. (I like to bake, but I'm not so good at the decorative stuff)


When we cut inside, there was a special surprise......


Can you make out the cross?


Dave complained when I was making the cake that it wasn't fair that I was making a special cake and Collin wasn't even going to get to any. So I promised him we'd let Collin have a taste of vanilla ice cream. We did and this was the first 'new food' that Collin definitely didn't grimace at! :)

When Dave's family was here, they helped build our new garden......

The kids LOVE it!!!



She's got the modesty thing down, huh?


I think Benjamin could work in his garden for hours (and there isn't even anything planted in there yet!). He moves the dirt around and digs holes and finds anything that shouldn't be in his garden and puts it in his bucket. It's very serious work!


There is SO much personality in this little body!


Anna is getting her colors down (she always knows blue, yellow, purple, pink, and white and gets the others right more and more). After she first learned purple, she would point it out when she saw it and say, "Oh, there's my purple!" no matter what the object was. Now whenever we are in the car or outside she points out every purple and pink flower that she sees with a, "Oh, there's my purple flowers!" or "I see my pink flowers!" Its so cute how it's "her color"! :)


It happened......my little monkey turned 6 months old yesterday, he is officially 1/2 year old! I can't really believe it! Goodness, these babies grow so fast! Here he is on his six month birthday with his bear. (I placed his bear next to him, and he grabbed it and held onto it under his arm like this...too cute!)


My happy, sweet baby!



Funny Benjamin story: Benjamin was watching me knit and so I asked him, "When you get bigger are you going to let me teach you how to knit?" He quickly and quite indignantly replied, "When I'm bigger I'm not going to turn into a Momma! I'm going to turn into a Daddy."
Benjamin says all these funny sayings these days too. When I ask him where he learned them, he always just says "No where. I was just thinking it." My favorite right now is I hear him telling Anna all the time, "Nobody leaves in my town. This is my town. You can't do that in my town." etc. etc. :)

No comments:

StatCounter