Monday, July 20, 2009

Fun Weekend + Snap Happy Dave = Lots of Pictures!!!

We went down to my parents' house this weekend for some family time and hoping to swim. The weather was crazy cool for July, so just Dave and I got in the (heated) pool. But we still managed to have lots of fun. Dave went crazy with the camera this weekend, so forgive me for the plethora of pictures in this post!

We went to Huber's Petting Zoo, which is really, really cool now! They have sooooo much for the kids to do!


Benjamin was scared to feed the animals at first, but quickly warmed up to the idea and had a lot of fun. And Anna? Well, Anna's never afraid! ;)



Anna pointing up to Benjamin sliding down!


Anna went halfway up the ladder and decided it was hard work and she was happy just to slide back down that instead (which also made Momma very happy too)!


The big hit was this huge tunnel slide they had built. I enjoyed seeing everyones' reactions as they came down! Benjamin went first.......



Then Daddy and Anna! I love how Benjamin is bending over looking at them!

In every shot, Dave has a funny expression and Anna is just smiling away! In his defense, it was a crazy fast slide!


Here comes Aunt Katie!


Benjamin loves any special time he can have with Katie! He had a hard time when Katrina came along and he had to share Katie with her! He really loves both his aunts a lot!!!!


Somehow I let Katie and Dave pressure me into going down the slide. Here we are trekking up the hill!


I would not recommend going down fast, long slides with a kid on your lap and a baby in your belly!!!


They had lots of different animals for the kids to feed. I really like dairy cows, esp babies!!!


Benjamin was tickled by the horse b/c it would gobble up all the food using only its lips! This pony had a little bitty baby too!


Anna pointing out the baby goat!


Benjamin enjoyed feeding the Momma goat. She was really hungry and he understood that it was b/c she had to feed her baby!

They tried really hard to feed these beautiful deer, but there was a goat in there stealing all the food. Benjamin's take on it, "That pesky goat sure is hungry!"


Benjamin got to drive his first motor-operated vehicle. They had tractors that he could push the pedal and make go. It was a little difficult for him at first, but he got the hang of it! I was thankful my mom was able to help him maneuver around a bridge they had for the tractors to go over!


Before church we went over to my grandparents' house. My grandma had a very special present for Benjamin. She's making blankets for her great-grandchildren and Benjamin got to be the first recipient! He was overjoyed with the blanket (which is so beautiful and soft)!!!!


Pretending to be asleep with his new blanket! He asked to sleep with it the very next time he went to sleep! He's so excited b/c he says,"now I have two blankets to sleep with, one to wear (the new yellow one) and one to cuddle (his older one that's smaller)!" :)


Thank you Grandma Heidi!


I thought this was an amazing picture Dave took of Katrina and her mommy!


Benjamin had fun with Grandpa Stewart too!!!


Grandma and Grandpa with two of their granddaughters and their great-grandchildren!


Another fun picture Dave took of Anna at lunch!


My Aunt Mildred was able to join us for lunch! Yay family!


___________________________________
Some recent kids news/funnies:
Anna: Anna got her 7th tooth yesterday. It's her fourth one on the top! I hope she can take a break for a little bit from teething now....the poor girl has been working hard!
Benjamin:
Last week I made cupcakes for small group. Benjamin had been watching a cartoon where a pig is allergic to peaches and sneezes all the time. He came into the kitchen where I was to tell me something. Instead he spotted the cupcakes on the counter and started dancing around and gleefully yelling, "Cupcakes!" Afterward, he turned to me and said, "I not allergic to cupcakes!!!" I thought it was funny, so I called Dave and told him about it. He decided to try and tease Benjamin a little bit and pretend he was allergic to the cupcakes when he got home. He came into the kitchen and kept pretend sneezing. Benjamin was totally not responding to Dave, so finally Dave asked him if maybe he was allergic to the cupcakes. Benjamin's response...."No you are not Daddy! You are just making your body do that! Stop doing that, you are not allergic to cupcakes Daddy, you are just being silly!" :)
Yesterday, I changed quite a stinky Anna diaper.
Me, to Benjamin: "Whew! That was a really stinky diaper Anna made!
Benjamin: "Yeah, but our still love her!"
:)

1 comment:

Stacia said...

i'm glad you are teaching him that pregnant animals (people) are very hungry! :)

StatCounter