Saturday, November 17, 2012

Baby's 1st Road Trip

Anna is really into her baby again and brings her all over the house with her. Baby was starting to show from all of her play time so I had the idea that she should give her baby a bath like she sees me give Eva one. So we got a big bowl and filled it with water and soap and she had a blast getting her baby all clean. Collin thought it looked so cool that he went and got a different baby and took a turn too. Anna and I joke about how big she is and that I think she's big enough and should stop and she always tells me, "No! I just want to keep getting bigger and bigger so I can be a momma!"

Just a boy and his kitty.

Eva is getting really strong in supporting her head/neck so I brought out the bumbo and we gave it a try. She did great in it.

She is also starting to enjoy playing with her toys.

Here she is finding the tv.

We took her on a road trip (2 1/2 hours each way, all in one day). With the other babies, I was able to sit back with them when Dave drove but haven't with Eva since the kids fill up the back. For the longer trip, I asked Dave to move Eva to the back row so I could sit in the middle next to her to keep her happy. It worked perfect (except maybe for my back) and we had a great time! It was so much easier to take care of Eva since she loves to look at people so she could always see me and I could give her the paci whenever she needed it.

Dave caught wearing my sunglasses!

Here's the cutie that sat on my other side. We had fun doing bible study together when Eva slept.

Anna moved up next to Collin and they seemed to have a great time together.

There's a monkey in the car! ;)

Eva spent a lot of the trip holding onto my hand, even while she slept.

Our destination was Cousin Will's shark party! Here's Anna with the birthday boy.

The boys enjoyed their shark cupcakes....

As we were walking into the party, Collin whispered to me "Did you know I'm going to eat the shark at the party?" I guess he was kinda right!

No cupcakes yet for sweet Eva, but she still had fun. She was especially happy after she had the biggest blow-out EVER on the way home. No joke...it was insane! She doesn't go very often so she makes up for it when she does. This time it took us about thirty wipes, her pants were full so they just got thrown away, and this was all done in the back of the van with me in the middle of two car seats and Eva on my lap. It was quite the sight! Sweet Benjamin held the wipes for us and handed them one at a time to us. Life is always interesting!

After the party we stopped by Ikea and had a really fun evening playing and shopping. I even got to get my Christmas present and Dave already put it together for me. It's a laundry organizer and I think it is going to be life changing! I'll have to post a picture some time. :)

1 comment:

Christine said...

At our new place I have a closet where I have a hanging rod and 5 laundry baskets. I fold each person's laundry into their own basket and then they (excluding David) put them away themselves. Best $15 ever spent. It is amazing how a little laundry organization can be life-altering. I almost enjoy doing laundry now-- almost:) Happy Thanksgiving! Random... David found your Christmas card from last year and began asking who each of you was. He now knows all your names, and, of course, has never met any of you-- cracks me up!

StatCounter