Thursday, July 19, 2012

We Have A Baby Girl!!!!

Thursday morning Dave and I headed to the hospital to meet our little one. Here's one last shot of Momma and baby.

The day went a little different than planned. My OB office is two doctors who share all the patients. They were both at the hospital that day and the one that was supposed to be taking care of me kept getting called away into surgeries and other patients' rooms. So even though I arrived at the hospital at 7:30, the doctor didn't come to break my water until 1:30. They were much nicer this time about letting me try to go into labor  on my own afterwards and not having to get Pitocin this time. They said I only had about a 20% chance of it working though. The nurse I had was awesome and she got me an exercise ball and showed me how I could lean against it on the wall and sway back and forth to bring on the contractions. I did this for almost 2 hours and all of a sudden I was having pretty strong contractions on a regular basis. A little while later they got so strong that I couldn't walk around anymore and so I climbed into bed. With Dave's awesome support I got through the contractions as they got stronger and stronger without an epidural and after only about 3 hours of regular (but crazy strong) contractions our baby was born!!! God blessed us with another little girl and we are so happy! Her name is Eva Corinne and she was born at 6:24 pm and weighed 8 pounds 7 ounces and was 20 inches long. She gave us quite the scare as they couldn't get her heartbeat on the monitor anymore right before she came out. The doctor called for them to get a vacuum so they could get her out quicker, but I was in a lot of pain so I just kept pushing and she came before they could get the vacuum. They put her on my stomach but she wasn't breathing. So they took her and after a few seconds had her breathing and crying. I told Eva that she wasn't allowed to scare me again after that for a long time. I'm so thankful that she's okay and that she is here! Here we are with Dr. Albers who delivered our sweet girl.

Our first hug!

We were both so very excited to be meeting our daughter!

The hospital does an hour of skin-to-skin with baby and mom after the baby is born and Dave was so happy afterwards when it was his turn to cuddle his little girl for the first time.

Time to get cleaned and measured.

Our adorable newborn!

I love the joy in Dave's eyes as he holds our new baby's hand for the first time!

Baby feet!

8 pounds and 7 ounces.....

Ahhh, this warmer feels so good!

She hated the bath, even the part most babies like (having their hair washed off) she was not a fan of.

Dave and I were so excited for this moment! Benjamin, Anna, and Collin came to meet their new baby and learn that they have a baby sister!




The tech gave them big brother/sister bands to match the ones Eva, Dave, and I had.

Eva's first outfit.

Our first family picture. We are so very, very blessed!

My girls!

Then it was time to call in the grandparents and Benjamin and Anna announced they had a baby girl and what her name is.

Collin loves her so much. He has been waiting a long time for this moment!

My biggest and littlest snuggling for the first time.

Then it was time for some grandparent snuggles.



We all had a lot of fun showing off our new bundle of joy!



After everyone left it was time to quiet down for our first night together.

Bedtime cuddles with my sweet, sweet Eva.


2 comments:

Stacia said...

So beautiful! You have a wonderful family!!!

Christine said...

Congrats on your new little girl!

StatCounter