Sunday, March 4, 2012

Art Museum

I am very far behind on here (over a month!). So hopefully I'll be adding quite a few posts in the next several days to catch up. Anyway, at the beginning of March we took the kids to the art museum for the first time. I was surprised by how much they were able to enjoy it at their young age. Here are a few pictures that I got before one of the staff members came over and told me I wasn't allowed to. Oops! (She was super nice and  when I went to delete them, she said not to worry about it.)


This picture isn't much, but it lets me tell a funny story. We were going down the escalator and as you can see, I was responsible for Collin (who is throwing one of his now daily fits) and Dave had the other two. I got down the escalator and looked back to see that Dave was holding Anna but Benjamin had gotten nervous about getting on and hadn't done so when Dave and Anna did. So poor Dave was trying so hard (while holding Anna) to walk back up the escalator as it keeps bringing him down so that he can get to Benjamin and hold his hand to get him on. Like I assume any wife would do, my response was to laugh until I cried! Once Dave made it with Benjamin his only response to me laughing at him was to take my picture, but I didn't care....I was still enjoying the show I'd just witnessed! : )

The museum brings in elementary art teachers to do art with the kids visiting on certain days. Our kiddos loved it!

The project for the day was to make paper sculptures. Benjamin worked really hard and did awesome on his! (It's hard to make out, but he used different papers and strings to make a bridge with fish and waves underneath and a car on top)

No comments:

StatCounter