Friday, June 17, 2011

Fun At Home

Look at this neat toy that I found for the kids. It's an activity mat that has all these neat puzzles and pictures for them to color (and there's more on the other side). It comes with special markers that you use and then when they're finished you just throw it in the washing machine and they can do it all over again!

Too bad this kid doesn't know what you mean when you tell him to say, "Cheese!" ;)

Anna likes Tinkerbell a lot right now, so I found her these green wings and tutu and she loves flitting around pretending she's a fairy.


The boys saw me taking Tinkerbell (I mean Anna's) picture, so they had to have a turn too...

Benjamin enjoying some early morning cuddling with his kitty, Max....

These two have formed a sweet connection and it makes Benjamin so proud that Max loves him!


Collin's Check-up:
Collin had his 18 month check-up this week (even though he's really 20 months). The doctor says he's growing great! He is not a three footer!!! His length is exactly 36 inches which is still well over the top of the growth chart, his weight was 28 pounds and 7 ounces which is in the 75th percentile and his head still measures in the 75th percentile. It's unbelievable how much he's growing and that he will be two in just four months! Time sure does fly! He now responds to almost everything you tell him with an oh! For instance he'll ask, "Where's Daddy?" and I'll say something like "Daddy's in the garage." to which he responds, "Oh! Daddy's in grage." It's pretty cute. He can now count (close to correctly) to eleven! I can't believe how fast he's learning to count!
Benjamin's Attempt To Use Expressions:
About six months ago, we saw one of Benjamin's preschool friends for the second time when we were out and about. He was telling me how it was funny that we kept seeing her away from school and I responded by saying something like, "Yeah, we keep running into her." He immediately told me how that was so silly that we had just seen her, none of us had ran into her! So I explained how sometimes people use expression that don't mean what you're literally saying. I gave him some different examples and he seemed to get it right away. Then today we were at the grocery store and Anna excitedly pointed to a girl and told me that she was in her class. After we walked away, Benjamin said, "That's pretty neat, Momma. First we kept bonking into my friend from preschool and now Anna got to bonk into one of her friends too." : )

1 comment:

Christine said...

Love the "bonking" story:)

StatCounter