Sunday, July 18, 2010

We're Going to the Fair

I love checking on our kids before going to bed. It gives me a lot of peace walking up the steps and seeing their three doors and knowing they are each tucked away in their rooms. I also really enjoy seeing the position they are in. :) Benjamin gave me some major de ja vu the other night when I found him with his arms up like he always did as a baby.....

(Benjamin is the only one of my three kids that I would have the courage to photograph while sleeping. He sleeps hard like his Daddy, where Anna and Collin are really light sleepers like me)




The Fair

Despite the hot, hot weather, we had to make a trip to our county fair. It was especially important this year b/c our new house requires us to drive past the fairgrounds on almost all our trips. The kids have so enjoyed driving past the fair each day and were so excited on Friday when we were finally able to take them! We started out eating some yummy fair food and then headed over to the animals. It is so wonderful to get to experience life through a child's eye and see their excitement and interest in seeing the different animals. Anna is pretty timid about things like animals and I was surprised that she wanted to pet this horse we walked past. (Check out Collin's expression)


Benjamin just reached right in and pet this pig. Dave and I gave each other a kinda scared look. Dave then quickly told Benjamin, "Let's just pet the pigs that are laying down."


Cows!


This little goat came over and made friends with Benjamin and Anna.


He was so friendly with them and the kids enjoyed petting on him....



Collin was really great for us, despite the heat and we enjoyed having him with us for his first fair! I especially loved seeing how much he enjoyed his few tastes of funnel cake. :)


In the building with the bunnies and chickens/roosters they had this gigantic fan. The kids were really funny enjoying the breeze....


The highlight of the evening was the pony rides!


Anna has fallen in love (big time) with Jesse from Toy Story. She kisses her anytime she sees a picture of her and loves a little Jesse doll that I got her. So, Anna was super excited to ride a horse and a be a cowgirl like Jesse!


Benjamin had a great time too and was proud to ride a pony by himself for the first time!


So fun!


After the ride was over, both kids were so happy!


Anna kept yelling, "Neigh!" and "Yee haw!"


Collin hadn't napped much that day (which seems to be his new normal) and so by the end of the day, he was one tired little guy!


On Saturday, we had Collin's nine month pictures taken. It was a lot of work getting him to smile at the camera (he was more interested in checking everything out), but I was pleased with a few sweet shots we managed to capture of our sweet little monkey.



I wanted to try and get a new picture of the three of them b/c Collin has changed so much in the past four months (since their last one) and Anna looks really different too with her hair growing so fast. I wasn't sure if it would work out (it's becoming quite difficult to get them all to look at the camera and stay in position, much less smile at the same time). After lots (and lots) of instruction and silliness, we finally got a good one!

(Sorry about the "Sears" on the images, I think that's annoying that they do that. When we were looking at them on the computer that evening, Benjamin asked annoyed, "Why is there writing on my head?!?!")

1 comment:

Kelly said...

Wow I can't believe it. Collin looks like such a big boy and I love the picture of a mud-covered Anna at the top of your blog. I can't wait to see these little cuties again soon!

StatCounter